Today’s blog topic is pet peeves. This list could go on for days, but since (as stated) I am a busy mom I will limit the list to irritants that really make my skin crawl.
1) People (who don’t know how to do my job) that tell me how to do my job. I’ve been doing my job for over 4 years now. I’d have to say I’m pretty darn good at it. So when a customer thinks that they can do it better… well lets just say its a tad annoying.
2) People who say “that’s a mute point”. It’s moot. Please take a moment to read this note from Grammarist which says
In the common phrase moot point, moot means (1) of no importance or (2) merely hypothetical. This is where moot most often gets confused with the adjective mute, which means (1) refraining from making sound or (2) silent.
3) I would just have to say that poor grammar in general makes me want to stab something sharp in my ears. I could list all the examples but instead I will just show you this graphic.
4) Not saying what you were going to say. Do not get my attention to tell me something and then say nevermind. I will hurt you.
5) Last, but certainly not least, whistling. It seriously makes me cringe. The ONLY person that I like to hear whistle is my grandfather. He whistles the same tune and whenever I hear him do it it just calms me. For some reason it is just a reassuring sound. When Hero “whistles” he puts his fingers in his mouth a squeals that the same pitch that he thinks sounds like a whistle. Its kinda cute.
I’d love to hear some of your biggest pet peeves. Please comment below!